Dear Firkirte- I wish you could experience the pure joy that radiates from your Misikir. His love of life makes everyone around him smile. We met with his school yesterday to make plans for next year. Oh how I wish you could have been there. I wish you could see each of their faces when they talk about Miles Misikir. They work so hard to help him succeed in every environment he is placed in. They have plans for next year to help him grow and achieve the success they know he is capable of. They are committed to find ways to measure the greatness that we all see inside him and are even willing to get special training to do so. They love him so big and I know your mama heart would be as blessed as mine.
We also took him to a new dentist yesterday and it made me think of you. I filled out all the paperwork online, answering pages of questions, and had to submit them knowing they weren't correct. I hate answering questions about family history and not having the space to explain that his history can not be answered in yes and no questions. I answered all the questions hoping for an "additional comments" box so I could tell them that he has a family history that is separate from mine. I can tell them about Miles, but I also need space to tell them about your Misikir. The two can't be separated.
Ten years ago, you were pregnant with Misikir. The gap between the last time you held him in your arms and the first time he was placed in mine was only eight months long, but it marked him in a way that we we are still very aware of it. We often live in that space and work hard everyday to close it, but there will always be a part of the gap that stays open for you. And we are ok with that. I pray that when you remember your time with your Misikir, it fills you with the same amount of love and joy that Miles gives us.
"I thank my God every time I remember you.
And whenever I mention you in my prayers, it makes me happy."
{Philippians 1:3-4}

