Wednesday, January 27, 2016

#ilovemychurch #ilovecc #crosschurch

Several years ago, when the gift of Miles turned our family upside down, the hardest thing for me was being isolated at home. Miles couldn’t handle the real world and I couldn’t handle Miles. So when we weren’t at therapy, we were home.

I was so used to serving in Keith’s ministry. Right by his side.
I didn’t expect to feel so lost, so useless, so left out.

But God…
He changed my purpose for that season.
I wasn’t being left out, I was being freed up.

When I was in that place of feeling lonely and stuck, God reminded me that I don’t have to be physically present to be on the front line of ministry.  He challenged me to make praying for my husband and the other families we serve with my new ministry. I could have an eternal impact and celebrate all God was doing throughout our church by praying for our staff and their specific ministries every week. I could play a part in protecting their marriages and families by praying for them and their children by name every month. So I did. And what God did in my heart was the most unexpected blessing.

God began to knit these people, these families on my heart.
I want them to walk closely and intimately with Jesus.
I want their marriages to attract people to Jesus.
I want their children to grow up to love Jesus.
I want their ministries to help people know Jesus.

There are so many things I love about my church,
but nothing comes close to the love I have for our staff.

Each person is special.
Each one completely unique.
Each person is important.
Each one part of the team.

And our leader, our Pastor, there is no one else like him.
He is an Early-rising, Jesus-loving, Gospel-preaching, Vision-casting,
SBC-leading, World-traveling, Football-watching, family man.

He is driven.
He is gracious.
And he leads us well.

His eyes and heart are fixed on Jesus and he is “running hard toward the finish line to receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Jesus Christ, is calling us.”

And that’s why we follow him.
We know exactly where he is going.
We know exactly where we will end up.

As I sat down yesterday to pray for my Tuesday’s, our staff, I was simply amazed as I looked at the team God has formed. We all came to Cross Church from different places. And for this season, God has put us all on the same team to serve the same church to reach the same community with one simple goal...
to reach the world for Jesus.

CROSS CHURCH
Springdale  -  Pinnacle Hills  -  Fayetteville  -  Fayetteville East  -  Neosho

The Cross Church staff is made up of difference makers and world changers and standing in the gap for them the last several years has been such a blessing. Life looks different for me now and I am able to go and do and serve again, but I continue the ministry of praying for our staff because it fills me with love and compassion for them. And because lately, I have a stirring.

It's big.
It's heavy.

I feel the weight of it deep in my heart.
And I am expectant.

God is moving.
God is up to something.

Will you join us?
Will you pray with us?
Will you serve with us?

Will you BE THE CHURCH that you want Cross Church to be?
Will you COME EXPECTANT that Jesus will show up and you will leave changed?

The church is not a building, a Pastor, a staff.
The church is a people, a community, a tribe.

Jesus loves the church.
Jesus died for the church.

Together, we are the church.
Together, we are Cross Church.

"God has meticulously put this body together;
He placed each part in the exact place to perform the exact function He wanted."
{1 Corinthians 12:18}

No comments :

Post a Comment