Thursday, November 28, 2013

THANKFUL

Thankful.
Thankful that God deeply loves me and actively pursues my heart.  Thankful that Jesus was willing to be wounded so that my relationship with God could be healed.  Thankful that nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when he died for us {Romans 8:39}.  So thankful for Jesus!  So thankful for the cross!

Thankful.
Thankful that God has found a way to use the mess that is my life to bring glory to Himself.  His Word has given me new life {Psalm 119:50}.  Thankful for grace and the reminder from the Lord that His grace is all I need.  His power works best in my weaknesses {2 Corinthians 12:9}.


Thankful.
Thankful that I get to do life with this man.  Thankful for a husband who loves and leads well.  Thankful for a man who lives the motto {Love God. Love Others. Go Tell.}  He is a man of integrity.  He is honest and trustworthy.  He loves Jesus, his family, his church and his students with his whole heart.  He lives {1 Timothy 3:1-7} and {Titus 1:6-9} in every way.  He is more than I deserve.



Thankful.
Thankful for the blessing and gift of children {Psalm 127:3}.  Thankful for the two that I have and the two that I never had the opportunity to hold.  All four have changed me, shaped me, and brought me to my knees.  Each one has played a significant role in my journey to be more like Jesus.  Thankful for a God who makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are chosen to be a part of His plan {Romans 8:28}.



Thankful.
Thankful for the gift of adoption.  Thankful that God promises to be a Father to the fatherless and sets the lonely in families {Psalm 68:5,6}.  Thankful for a woman named Fikirte who carried the life that forever changed mine.  A woman I love with all my heart.  Thankful for a God who shaped Miles, inside and out.  Who knit him together in his birthmother’s womb long before Miles took his first breath {Psalm 139:13}.  Thankful that God builds families with a specific purpose and plan in mind.



Thankful.
Thankful for family that loves, blesses, and supports us.  Thankful for friends that walk through life, serve alongside, and challenge us in every way to be more like Jesus.  Thankful for a church that is committed to preach God's Word without apology and is laser-focused on reaching Northwest Arkansas, America and the World for Jesus Christ.

So very thankful.

No comments :

Post a Comment