Sunday, August 11, 2013

JESUS LOVE

This kid.
He amazes me.
I want to be like him when I grow up.

I'm not suppose to Blog, Facebook, Tweet or Instagram about him.
Supposedly that's embarrassing.
But his heart is too sweet not to share.

The last three years haven't been easy for any of us.
Especially him.
Having a little brother with special needs is tough stuff.
Especially when he is as violent as Miles is.

But he takes it.
He loves him.

The love that Alex has for his little brother is a love that can only come from Christ.
It is selfless and unconditional.

When we told Alex about Miles' diagnosis and explained what that might look long term, his reply shocked me.

We let him ask questions and we tried our best to answer them.
He asked if Miles will be able to live on his own on day.
"I don't know," was about the only thing we knew to say.
I told him about the waivers that we are applying for that will help provide care when Miles is older and about the different things we will make sure are in place in case we aren't around to care for him.

Alex's reply...
"He's going to live with me."

His reply didn't just shock me, it left me speechless.

Obviously, Miles' future is uncertain.
Just like Alex's.
Just like mine.

But the fact that he would, without hesitation, decide that he is willing to share Miles' burden, completely and utterly blows my mind.

That is Jesus love.
Jesus love pouring out of my almost 14 year old and filling up this mama's heart.

"Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the laws of Christ."
{Galatians 6:2}

2 comments :

  1. I'm new to your blog, but read the three previous posts, including the diagnosis of your sweet boy. What an inspiration you are. I know it's not easy to have a special needs child. Our family has several good friends who have special kiddos. In fact my seventeen year old daughter is a "Buddy" for the Miracle League games. She has been for the past three years. One of my good friend's is probably the one who is working with you on the waivers that you are starting to apply for (Renee Holmes by chance?).

    The attitude and the response of Alex is truly breath taking. What a loving, caring young man you are raising! And what an example of Christ's hands and feet. It gives me goosebumps.

    If it's ok, I'm going to continue to follow along with your family's adventures as you go down this new road. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for being real and transparent so others can not only learn from you, but see Christ THROUGH you.

    In Him,

    Shelly Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly! You are so sweet. Thanks for the kind words. We are going to look into the Miracle League next year. I think it will be good for Miles. Thanks for reminding me of that option for Miles. And you are more than welcome to follow the messiness that is our life.

    ReplyDelete