Tuesday, June 12, 2012

{THIRD} BIRTHDAY


Today we have the privilege and honor of celebrating Miles' 3rd Birthday!


Three years ago today, we were at youth camp with our students from FBC Orlando.  We prayed daily for the little boy that God would place in our family.  We didn't know who he was, but we knew our family wouldn't be complete without him.

It would be four months before we would see Miles' face and hear Miles' story for the first time.  And it would be another four LONG months before we would see him face to face and hold him in our arms.

We were given a few pieces of the early months of Miles' life.
The months that we missed.
And days like this always make me wish I had more.


I wish I was at the Mekelle Hospital where he was when he was 7 days old.
I wish I had more pictures of the first 2 weeks of Miles' life.
I wish I could have been the one to clean the ink off his little one month old feet.

But more than anything,
I wish I would have had the privilege of meeting Miles' birthmother, Fikirte.
To thank the woman who gave Miles Misikir life.
Her sacrifice is one of our greatest blessings and she will always be one of my heroes.

So, a thousand Thank You's, Fikirte and Happy 3rd Birthday, Miles Misikir!

1 comment :

  1. Happy Birthday Miles! We just celebrated Asher's 3rd birthday on the 8th. He was born in Mekele, too!

    ReplyDelete