Thursday, May 6, 2010

I AM THAT BLOGGER

I never thought I would be one of those bloggers.
One of those who travel across the world to bring home their baby, comes home, and doesn't blog about it.

I use to wonder why those families wouldn't update.

I mean,
Didn't they know I was dying to find out about their trip?
Didn't they know that I wanted to see pictures of their newest family member?
Didn't they know I was anxious to hear how the family is adjusting?

Well, apparently, I am that blogger.

When we first got home, I was so tired.
Too tired to function, much less blog.
Between the emotional roller coaster of getting to Ethiopia (more on that later), lack of sleep in Ethiopia, jet lag, and life with a baby that gets up a couple of times a night, we were doing good just to get a shower each day.

When I sat down at the computer to post an update, I felt lost.
I had so much going on in my mind, so much I wanted to say, but my words would leave me.

We've been home for two and a half months and are still trying to figure out what life with a 10 year old and a 10 month old looks like.

Miles has come so far in such a short amount of time and now that he is finally sleeping through the night, I will have time to catch up on more that just laundry, bills, and dishes.

4 comments :

  1. I felt exactly the same before we brought Asher home. Now, I'm that blogger, too! sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya Jackie. I am that blogger too! I just posted my first update in 4 months (lol).

    No one tells you about the jet lag, sleep deprivation, and huge adjustment; especially when you have older children. We've been finding our way with a 9 year old and 9 month old.

    You're not alone! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back! Can't wait to hear about your trip and get updates on your amazing family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand. I haven't found time recently to blog either and I haven't traveled to the other side of the world. Let alone brought an infant to my home. So, rest up and take your time.

    ReplyDelete