Tuesday, February 9, 2010

THANKFUL FOR THE WAITS

An adoption brings so many milestones.
Days that will forever be important.

There is the day you started telling everyone about your new journey.
The day you are put on the waitlist.
You have the day you finally receive your referral.
And the day you become a forever family.

An adoption is filled with so many waits.
The waits drive you nuts, but are so necessary.
The waits forever change you.

One year ago today we were put on the waitlist.
Waiting to find out the one God chose for our family.
And now, in just a few days, we will hold Miles in our arms.

We leave in four days for Africa and I am all over the place.

I am so ready to meet him.
For our family to finally be together.
But I don't know if I am ready to bring him home.

Don't get me wrong,
I am ready for him to be home, I just don't know if I am ready to take him from his.

That is just one of the many things you have to process on this journey called adoption and just one of the many reasons I am thankful for all the waits.

7 comments :

  1. Can't wait to see that sweet baby boy! I know how long the journey has been for you guys...It is so good having you back home so we can end our journeys together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you guys as you travel. Can't wait to see pictures of you all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.

    I needed to hear someone else say what I have been feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you FINALLY get to be a family!! God will work it out perfectly, as he always does!!

    Safe travels and God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy this time has finally arrived for you guys. You are wonderful parents and Miles is so lucky to call you and Keith , mom and dad.
    Have a safe trip and we can't wait to get to meet him in April. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so true, so true. blessings on your trip. soak it all in. give it time....the bonding and the processing and the anxieities & fears that go with it all MAY continue after you are home, but are normal, and they dissipate with time. God will provide all that you need at the exact time you need it. Take it one step at a time. Can't wait to hear about your experiences and praying for peace on your journey to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your whole family (including Miles!) is in my prayers. I'm so excited for you all. Be sure to bring Miles around the student ministry once he's home! I can't wait until I get to meet him!

    ReplyDelete