Sunday, February 28, 2010

HOME

IMG_3597

I still can't believe that Miles is home.
It's so surreal.

We worked and waited for 18 months and it's over.
He's home. And we're tired.

We are just enjoying being home.
Being a family of 4.

We had an amazing time in Africa.

Getting there was quite the adventure.
Being there was absolutely amazing.

I promise I will post all about it.
I won't do it justice, but Africa is too amazing not to share it.
It stole my heart.

I am still trying to process all we saw. All we experienced.

We are so grateful for each of you that prayed for and supported our family in our journey to be obedient to God's call to grow our family through adoption.

We pray God will bless each and everyone of you.

Have you ever thought about adoption?
Ever prayed about it?
Ever asked God what your role in caring for orphans was?

We did.
3 years ago.
And our family will never be the same.
It will forever be different.
Better.

"...once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls,
knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
{Proverbs 24:12}

DID YOU KNOW?...
  • ...of the 9.9 million women who had ever considered adoption, only 16% had taken steps towards adoption, and only 31% of these had actually adopted a child.
  • ...there are an estimated 3.3 adoption seekers for every actual adoption.
  • ...over one-third of Americans have ever considered adopting, but no more than 2 percent of Americans have actually adopted.
There are 147 million orphans in the world and God's Word has much to say about them.

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this:
to visit orphans and widows in their affliction,
and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
{James 1:27}

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
{John 14:18}

I am not one who believes that God has called everyone to adopt, but I do believe He has call us all to do something. Caring for orphans through adoption is normal... according to the Word of God. Please take time to pray about your role in caring for the orphans of the world.

Also, please join me in praying for this sweet family that is still waiting to pass court. They have been waiting far too long and I am more than ready to see their sweet baby boy home where he belongs.

11 comments :

  1. Love that smile! You can tell he is very happy. Can't wait to hold him. One month to go:=) So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome home! can't wait to hear more about your trip. and miles is beyond adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home!! Miles is BEAUTIFUL!! So happy for you! As for the Maners I totally agree they have waited way too long! I will join you in a special prayer for them on March 4th!
    Robyn is an angel with patience of a saint!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is sooo cute! come visit us soon so we can all love on sweet little miles! so excited about this journey for you guys! i am loving getting to watch what God is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jackie!

    I cannot wait to see that little sweet pea! He is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a precious little guy! it is surreal, isn't it! can't wait to hear all the details of your trip. in the mean time, enjoy your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you guys. He is beautiful and I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Home!!! What a SWEET photo of Baby Miles! Wow! He looks stronger already!!! I tried to send you and Tamrah an email, so I got her address wrong. Anyhow, not sure if yours made it, but would love to stay connected.

    "Africa is too amazing not to share it. It stole my heart. I am still trying to process all we saw. All we experienced." AMEN!!! I feel exactly the same way. I've written about it once, but am still trying to process it. You said it so well that one afternoon - there is so much that Ethiopians get right. Sigh. Miss their friendliness already.

    Hope you are doing well!
    Love to your sweet fam,
    Amy (Geoff & Luke Mesfin, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks right at home. Hope everything is going well. But if I had to guess, it's probably going better than, "Well." Just look at that face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog! It was so nice to meet you on Tues. Miles is just so precious!

    ReplyDelete