Wednesday, December 2, 2009

TIRED OF WAITING

Some days I'm fine.
The waiting is okay.

But some days, some days the waiting is just too much.
I heard the wait after the referral is the worst, and well, it's true.

I was talking to Keith the other day about wishing we had a court date and he said, "How you respond reveals a lot about your theology."

After I shot him a quick dirty look for going all 'preacher' on me, he started explaining what he meant.

Do you believe God is Sovereign?
Do you believe that He is in complete control?
Do you believe that His timing is indeed perfect?

Of course the answer to all three questions is YES!

16 month ago we started our adoption journey.
I wondered if I could really, I mean really truly love this child like my own.
And here I sit, a year and a half later, fully and completely head over heels in love with a child I've never even meet. My heart is full and it aches to have my baby home.

The wait, although hard, isn't something I would trade for anything.

The wait has forced me trust my Jesus in ways I've never had to before.
The wait has caused me to spend countless hours praying and in God's Word.
The wait has reminded me of how much God loves me and how He patiently waits for me to come to Him, to lean on Him, to trust him.
From 'Jesus Calling' by Sarah Young
Do not worry about tomorrow! This is not a suggestion, but a command. I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle. My grace is sufficient for you, but its sufficiency is for only one day at a time. When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame. You stagger under this heavy load, which I never intended you to carry.

Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence. As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly. Enjoy My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times.

{Matthew 6:34; 2 Corinthians 12:9; Psalm 62:8}

8 comments :

  1. Thanks for this post. I really needed to hear this...

    Continuing to pray for you guys during your wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update! Praying that you get to bring that beautiful boy home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your baby boy will be here soon! praying for him everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Needed this today. I can't wait to be on the other side of this together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EXACTLY what I needed to hear today!! God is using this to send a message...
    God Bless You! Praying for a fast court date.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The waiting is very hard, but it does reshape our hearts for the better. Praying for patience and also for some very good news in your near future!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That very entry from Jesus Calling helped me on multiple occasions during our 2 adoptions. Hope the court date comes soon and travel is quick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lifting you up in your time of waiting.... Soon time will fly by so fast you will try not to blink!

    Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:38

    Has moved me often through motherhood and many other events. LOL

    Stephanie Doran

    ReplyDelete