Monday, December 7, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Today is Keith's birthday.
He turns 35 today.

I am very blessed to be able to partner with him in life and in ministry.

Keith is a very passionate man.
He is passionate about his family. About people. About ministry.
But most of all, passionate about Jesus.

He is a man who chases after God with all he has.
And I am crazy about him.
IMG_2233
Many people tell me that Alex looks like Keith.
I see it in his eyes.
He does have his daddy's eyes.

But not just the color.
The way he sees.

Keith loves people with his whole heart.
He treats everyone... EVERYONE, the same.
And I see those very things in Alex.

It is such an amazing blessing to watch Alex become more and more like his daddy. But that is because his daddy is keeping his eyes and heart fixed on Jesus and striving to become more like Him.

These eyes.
IMG_471
These eyes are still in Ethiopia.
His eyes may not look exactly like Keith's, but I pray that he too will see just like his daddy.
"And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers..."
{Malachi 4:6}

5 comments :

  1. Jackie,
    Well your sister n law always likes to make me cry and told me to read your blog. Naturally, I cant resist a good tearjerker and you did not disappoint. What a blessing your men are! There is a severe revival needed in the hearts of men to set their eyes on Christ and to lead their sons, daughters and families and I pray for Keith as he leads by example. Happy Birthday to Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. December 7, 2009 was an AWESOME day!! We got our referral. I will never forget Keith's birthday!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! Praying all goes smoothly for you on the 28th and happy belated birthday to your husband :)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete