Sunday, October 11, 2009

OUR FAMILY IS GROWING

Hopefully, our referral will come soon.
{For my sanity, it needs to come soon!}

But until then, I'd like for you to meet the newest member of our family.

Meet Felix.
Felix was walking around in a parking lot and rescued by Alex's grandpa.
Alex was so excited when he gave it to him.

The plan was to keep the turtle in a box in the garage for a couple of days then release him.

But one day and a few tears later, we have a new pet.
{If anyone has any turtle advise, I'm all ears.}

Our dog, Tucker, isn't real sure about the turtle.
And, well, neither am I. So we'll see.

3 comments :

  1. Not sure what type of turtle it is and whether this applies to all turtles, but the ones I had needed a special type of light otherwise their shell would get soft and they wouldn't live long. You might want to ask your local pet store for some advice...

    Also, just be aware that turtles can pass along salmonella, so makes sure everyone washes their hands after handeling him.

    Hope that was somewhat helpful and not too doom and gloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and I found this very funny! Good luck with Felix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tucker looks so cute. I guess he needs a sweater since he is used to the Florida weather. I can't help you with the turtle. I say you are a good momma for letting him keep it!

    ReplyDelete