Monday, September 28, 2009

IN TRANSITION

It has been a little over a month since we moved to Arkansas from Florida and as you can see from our lack of blogging, we have been very busy.

Busy moving.
Busy unpacking.
Busy with life.

Alex started school and football the week we moved here.
He has practice 3 nights a week and a game every Saturday.
(Football is basically our life right now.)

He really likes his new school and has made a lot of new friends.
The thing he likes best so far about Shiloh is that he gets seconds at lunch.
SECONDS AT LUNCH!

Yes, it is the simple things that make my boy happy.

He still says things like - "I really miss all my friends in Orlando" and "I would love some Twistee Treat right about now", but those are things we will always miss.

We have also been busy updating our adoption paperwork.
Even though we have so many things to update because of the move, we have been reassured that it will not slow down the process.

We will begin our eighth month on the waitlist very soon which means we are getting real close to a referral. Really close!
"At the time I have decided, my words will come true.
You can trust what I say about the future.
It may take a long time, but keep on waiting--
it will happen!"
{Habakkuk 2:3}

2 comments :

  1. SHILOH?????
    He goes to Shiloh??
    Does he play for Grant Taylor??
    That is so cool!!!!!!!

    OK, just kidding. But that is my most favorite movie ever! Just check out my (negelicted) blog. I've posted about it (Facing the Giants) a hundred times. I don't even know if it is the same Shiloh Christian but that is immediately what I thought about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it will be any day now! I know our boys are friends already :)

    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete