Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WHAT HAVE WE BEEN DOING?

The last couple of weeks have been abnormally crazy, even for us.

I'm sad to say that our blog is not the only thing that has been neglected around here.  The laundry is stacked up, the house needs to be cleaned, and I believe a trip to the grocery store is in order.  

Here are a few reasons for all the neglect...

REASON #1
2944_77052021374_550211374_1801713_6190110_n
Keith and I were in Destin, Florida a couple of weeks ago for Metro Youth Pastor's Conference.  We had such a wonderful week.  We spent time with about 50 youth pastors and their wives.  It was so nice to be around people who do what we do and understand how ministry affects everyday life.

REASON #2
51liX8my85L
I'm gonna wait. 
I'm gonna wait to read it.

That is what I've been saying for the last year.
I wanted to save it for our trip to Africa.  I have been told it is amazing and once you start reading it you can't stop.

But, I made a mistake.
I opened it.

On the way home from the beach, Keith returned phone calls and I got bored.
And basically, that is the last thing I remember because for the next two and a half days, all I did was read this book.  I didn't go anywhere without it.

Oh, and if you haven't read 'Redeeming Love', you have to.  You must!  It is amazing!

REASON #3
IMG_1652
I was busy turning Alex into Benjamin Franklin for the 3rd Grade Wax Museum.
All the students were a different historical character.  The 'museum' was opened for 15 minutes as parents walked through to check them out.  They did so good.  It was so cute watching them all try so hard to be still and not crack a smile.  Not an easy task for a bunch of nine year olds.

REASON #4
IMG_1660
We had about 14 friends over for dinner Tuesday night to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  Any holiday that gives us an excuse to eat Mexican food is a holiday worth celebrating, right?  It was fun.  We are truly blessed with amazing friends.

As much as I want to close my eyes and imagine that I am still here...
2944_77052031374_550211374_1801715_7481888_n
...I won't, because as I have found out (the hard way), the house won't clean itself, the laundry won't wash itself, and well, I don't think my family can take one more night of cereal for dinner.  No more excuses, er, I mean reasons.

7 comments :

  1. Wow, Alex was a GREAT Ben Franklin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Book. Ever.

    Glad you've read it. Now the better question is: have you read others of hers? Like the Mark of the Lion series? If not, start. Now. They will change your life (quite literally).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie,
    We are just behind you on the Gladney waitlist (April 6) Wanted to ditto the comment above. Redeeming Love & Mark of the Lion Series are also my FAVORITE books (aside from the bible of course). Look forward to following along in your journey to adoption as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see an update :) Looks like you've had a busy few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your break from reality sounds like more fun than my recent one. It took me two days to catch up after just three days of C being sick! It's terrible that things get so bad so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job on Alex's costume!! I had SO much fun hanging out with yall last week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonathan - thanks!

    Rachel - so funny! everyone who has told me the same thing... 'now you HAVE to read the Mark of the Lion series'... ha! i bought them last week, but i'm trying to wait. i'll let you know if that works out.

    Tanya - thanks for stopping by. it is fun to meet others who are on the same journey.

    Jennifer - Can you believe you guys were here this time last year? Miss you guys!

    Superchikk - i'm so sorry about C. i hope he is feeling better.

    Mary Margaret - thanks for coming to visit. we had a blast!

    ReplyDelete