Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ALL THINGS AFRICA

We started our adoption journey about six months ago.  And even though we still have a long way to go before we will officially be a family of four, in our hearts, we are there.  In fact, Keith took me and Alex to dinner Monday night and made the comment to Alex that it shouldn't take long for them to get the four of us in.  Alex, a little confused, quickly reminded him that there are only three of us, but I understood why Keith said it.  There are four of us, we just aren't all together yet.

I have been so amazed how, in six short months, the Lord given us such a love for a child we have never met.  I have never felt him kick, or move, or get the hiccups, but he still feels like such a part of our family already.

I don't know his story.  I don't know his name.  I don't even know if he has been born yet.  Which means, as we pray daily for this sweet baby, his mother may still be wrestling with the decision she will soon have to make.  I find myself thinking about and praying for his mother more and more with each passing day.  A woman I will be forever connected to.  I know there are many reasons a child is given up for adoption, I just don't feel like poverty should have to be one of them.

Since we started praying for our baby, Ethiopia, and Africa, we see constant reminders, and in the most unusual places.

We saw this rock while walking through Magic Kingdom last week.

















We found this potato chip in of a bag of Baked Lay's from Subway.


















Africa is definitely on our hearts, on our minds and in our prayers.  But to be honest, I was a little surprised to find it in my lunch.

2 comments :

  1. isn't it amazing the love you can have before the baby even exists?! he will be so blessed to have you as his family and you will be blessed beyond belief to have him! we love you guys and pray for you and your family every day!

    ReplyDelete