Friday, December 5, 2008

:: OUR FRIDAY ::

After dropping Alex off at school this morning, Keith and I headed to Magic Kingdom to watch the taping of the 2008 Disney Christmas Parade.  Even though most of the taping will take place tomorrow, Alex has a flag football game.

Sorry Regis and Kelly, we have some cheering to do. And a little taping of our own.

Since Disney does such a good job of keep everything under wraps, you never really know the Who? What? When? and Where's?.  When we got to the park, we found out they weren't taping until after lunch.

PERFECT!
That gave us plenty of time to run over and ride Space Mountain.
TWICE.

While in line, we meet this cute senior adult couple from Tennessee that are here on vacation.  Without their family.  Just the two of them.  And riding Space Mountain.
I LOVE THAT!

The only performance we were able to watch was David Cook, this years American Idol winner.  Since he was one of my favs, I was very excited.  It took them about an hour to tape him singing, 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas'.  He would sing one line over and over.  Then, they would have to stop and touch up his make-up because it was so warm out.  He was able to sing it all the way through a couple of times.  It was fun to watch, but since it took so long, we had to leave before Sarah Brightman performed.
So sad.

But, if we stayed, that would have meant being late picking up Alex from school.  Really late.  So late he would have been the last one there.   Probably a little worried, maybe even scared.  Possibly...um, sorry, I had a quick flashback.  I was left a school a time or two when I was younger, but that's another story for another day.  (love you mom, I'm not bitter, I promise)  Anyway, where was I?  Oh yeah, we left, ran home, let the dog out and got Alex from school.  And yes, we were ON TIME.

David Cook

3 comments :

  1. That is so cool!! I wish I would have known that. I have season passes to Disney and I definitely would have made a trip over there to see that! Glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I love David Cook!

    He did a gig for the WM Shareholders meeting this past summer and ate at Powerhouse. Several people I know crashed his private party and got pics with him. I was a teensy bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post, but the part that really got me was the fact that he had to have his makeup touched up because it was so warm out...I so want to move somewhere warm!!!

    ReplyDelete