Saturday, October 25, 2008

TRIP TO COCOA BEACH

Keith's dad has been in town all week visiting.
The only thing we haven't done is the beach so we decided to go today.

Keith, Alex, and Grandpa Harmon got beat up by the waves all afternoon.  The angry Atlantic was exceptionally angry today.

I, on the other hand, had the best time watching them, and everyone else for that matter.  What a great day for people watching.

People are so funny!

I watched two guys run into the ocean fully clothed with their boogie boards in hand.  Why did they think this was a good idea?  A couple of minutes went by and I watched them run up on the beach and strip down to their underwear then run back out to catch some more waves.  Hilarious!  I later saw them walking down the street in their undies carrying their wet clothes.

*Note to self...next time I have the overwhelming urge to catch some waves and I am without a suit, just go ahead and start out in my unmentionables and keep my clothes dry!

Keith's dad got a hold of a skim board and thought he'd give it a try.  Ha!  Now, for those of you who aren't sure what skim boarding is - basically, you slide the board down, jump on, and the board skims across the water.  I was lucky enough to get part of it on video.

Thanks for the laughs Grandpa Harmon!



1 comment :

  1. oh my goodness. That is scary and funny. It looks like he is having a fun time.

    ReplyDelete