Wednesday, October 29, 2008

School Fundraisers

I'm not a fan.
I want to be supportive, I do, but I really don't need any more wrapping paper, cookie dough in a tub, popcorn or magazines.

This past week, Alex brought home the dreaded fundraiser info.
Boosterthon Fun Run.
Basically, the kids run laps around the 'Boosterthon Speedway' (a field with a bunch of cones) and they get friends and family to pledge dollar amounts per lap.  They can run between 25-35 laps, 35 being the max.

What?  No book to look through?  I don't have to feel pressure to buy something I don't need?  Now that's my kind of fundraiser.  It even gets the kids outside and out of school for a couple of hours.

So today is the day.  The Fun Run.  It lived up to it's name.
There was music, parents cheering, and some guy with a microphone that really helped make the run lots of fun.  He had the kids skipping, dancing, playing tag, even doing the limbo all while running their laps.

Here are a few pictures from today... 




Total Laps...35!
WOW!  Way to go, Alex.

1 comment :

  1. Way to go Alex!! I knew you could do it. Let me know where to send the money.

    ReplyDelete