Thursday, September 18, 2008

THAT BOY OF MINE

So sweet.

People have been asking me lately what Alex thinks about the adoption.

Alex is so excited!  He tells everyone.

I went to wake him up for school the other day and he wasn't in his room.  I found him sitting in the middle of the floor in, what will soon be referred to as, the baby's room..."just lookin'."

We have involved him in this process from the beginning and have not keep that fact that it is very expensive from him.  We have explained that we will have to cut back in some areas for a little while, and he seems to understand and is okay with it.

We are almost ready to turn in our first group of paperwork along with our first payment to the adoption agency.  As Keith and I were talking the other night, Alex comes in with a five dollar bill.  When I asked him what it was for, he said for the baby.

"I wanted to give more, but this is all I had in my wallet."

My heart melted!
Five dollars doesn't seem like much, but when it's all you have, it's much!

Last night, while he was gathering loose change around the house, he informed me that he doesn't want to be paid for his chores until after we bring home the baby.

When we began to pray about this journey, we were concerned about Alex and how this would affect him.  After seeing him the last few weeks, it is so exciting how God is already using this in his life.  God is willing to use anyone who will let Him, even a little nine year old boy.

3 comments :

  1. Wow, I am speechless! He is such an amazing kid! You are truly blessed! Good Luck, try not to get too stressed out with all of the paperwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Alex never ceases to amaze me with his mindfulness of life and gumption that is way beyond his years. He really is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. He obviously has a kind heart and I'm sure will make an excellent big brother!

    ReplyDelete